There is a rapid increase in percentage of skin cancer cases. Prevention is better than cure. That is why people must take best care of their skin and prevent it from harmful skin cancer factors. As most skin cancers are preventable, so to protect ourselves, we must follow below skin cancer prevention tips:
• Tip One: We need to avoid the sun during the middle of the day. It is important to protect to your skin from direct sunlight because strong and direct sunlight emits UV rays which is the main cause of skin cancer.
• Tip Two: Use sunscreen products such as lotion or cream to protect your skin from harmful sunlight. Make sure you are using a broad-spectrum sunscreen with an SPF of at least 15.SPF is Sun protection factor. And for complete protection it is better you use a clothing to cover your exposed skin in the sunlight. You can use sunglasses and hat as well.
• Tip Three: You must avoid tanning beds. This is because the lights used in tanning beds emit UV rays which can actually increase your risk of skin cancer.
• Tip Four: As we, our skin absorb UV radiation year-round, even when it is not a sunny day, UV rays are present and can harm skin. Be careful!
• Tip Five: You must avoid the sunburns and suntans because that causes skin damage. And also increase your risk of developing skin cancer.
• Tip Six: You must be aware of sun-sensitizing medications. There are some common prescription and over-the-counter drugs that can make your skin more sensitive to sunlight. So it is better to ask your doctor before going with any medication. Certain tanning pills and lotions also increase risk of developing skin cancer.
• Tip Seven: Actually this point is one of the most important considerations. It is very, very much important to keep a check on your skin regularly and in case you find any changes to report it to your doctor. In fact, regular full body check-up in suggested by expert medical doctors so that pre cancerous diseases or symptoms of skin cancer can be detected at early stage and can be treated. Because early detection is helpful in significantly curing skin cancer! Skin cancer body check up is known as skin cancer screening which is done by medical doctor to trace any signs or spots that can be cancerous.